Saturday 17 March 2012

Patience

The millisecond the traffic lights turn green people start honking the horns in their cars.

In a supermarket people start whinging and moaning if there are more than two people waiting at the checkout, and often leave a trolly load of shopping because they can't be bothered to wait.

People run for a tube train and get angry if the door closes just before they reach it, even though there'll be another train in 2 minutes.

Even church services.  If a service starts to run over longer than the usual finishing time, people start to get fidgety.



We live in a world of impatience, a culture where everything has to be done here and now.  I'm not saying  I'm not impatient but I'm learning patience.

The main thing that has taught me patience was going through the whole adoption process.  There were times when I thought it would never end but we could not have prayed for a better outcome.  We have our son Levi, a real blessing to us.

I have to wonder if, let's say, the population of London had to endure the 40 years in the wilderness.  How would they have ever gotten through it?  I'm not sure they would.

Rudeness also comes with impatience.  People become very self centred.

The world would be a much better place if only there was more patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment