Sunday 11 March 2012

Not Perfect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipwEtvWL_3c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9HuJJ-5AyY


Who among you proclaims to be perfect?

Who among you does no wrong?

If you think you are the answer to these questions then I would call you a liar.  Each one of us is born with sin within us.

Even when we become Christians we are not free from sin in the sense that we will sin no more.  We should aspire to sin no more.  We have all screwed up somewhere along the line.

I've had dark moments in my Christian walk.  It's not all airy fairy.  In fact the Christian path is a difficult one to take, but with the God's help it can be achieved.  The great thing about God is he uses these dark times to help us grow, and he forgives us EVERY time.  I'm not saying, however, that's a reason to do whatever we want to do because God will forgive us.

Listening to Mark Hall talking about how the world views the church really spoke to me.  I've always said that the church is full of broken people.  As Mark says, that is what the world needs to see when it looks at the church rather than a group of judgemental holy people.

We as Christians are not above the rest of this world. We are of this world but have have been saved by God's divine grace, we screw up sometimes, and you know what?  It's ok because God uses us in our weakness.  There are many times in the Bible when God has done this.  Simon Peter denied knowing Christ three times, yet he went on to be a major player in the Christian church.  Job lost everything, it was the darkest time anyone could endure yet he stayed faithful to God and was rewarded.  There have been many saints through the years that have been imprisoned for their faith.

I'm not asking for perfection, and I'm speaking to myself here too.  All I ask is that we strive to serve God always, even through our screw ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment