Sunday 18 March 2012

Mother's Day

As we celebrate Mother's Day today, I Think about Su who celebrating her first one.  It's been a long hard road to get to here.

I'm also conscious that of other women who are celebrating their first Mother's Day, whether it has been a struggle, through unplanned pregnancies or as planned as possible.

As I think about those celebrating their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 53rd Mother's Day.  I was reminded of those who would love to be celebrating as a mother, but for reasons that are beyond their control are unable to at this time.  I know today will be a very difficult time for them as it was for Su for many years.  My heart goes out to those of you that are struggling with this day.

But I've also been thinking of those, like me, who have lost their Mothers.  On days like this it can be a struggle.  I've shed tears this morning, but Levi came and gave me a big hug.  This helped but also made me think 'I wish my mam could have met Levi, she would have loved him so much.'  I came across this poem called 'Your Mother is Always With You', a beautiful poem:-




Your Mother Is Always With You

    Your mother is always with you...
    She's the whisper of the leaves
    as you walk down the street.

    She's the smell of bleach in
    your freshly laundered socks.

    She's the cool hand on your
    brow when you're not well.

    Your mother lives inside
    your laughter. She's crystallized
    in every tear drop...

    She's the place you came from,
    your first home.. She's the map you
    follow with every step that you take.

    She's your first love and your first heart
    break....and nothing on earth can separate you.

    Not time, Not space...
    Not even death....
    will ever separate you
    from your mother....

    You carry her inside of you....

    Sherry Martin 


My Prayer:

Dear Mother God,

I ask a blessing on the mothers of this world.  I know that there are mothers out there who really struggle with parenthood.  I ask that you pour your holy spirit down on them and help them.

Be with those who no longer have a Mother to help them along in life, whether they be 2 or 62.  It's hard to lose a loved one.

I ask a blessing on those celebrating their first Mother's Day.  That their children (and husbands) give them the special day they deserve.  


And finally I ask that you be with those who are not yet mothers but would dearly love to be.  I pray that they will get through this day and that in time you will richly bless them with a family of their own, be that through birth or adoption.  

I ask all these things in Jesus name
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment